Hey friends! I have food on my mind today, what’s new?! 🙂 Specifically, chicken. Chicken breast is definitely our go-to protein because it’s so versatile. I can boil it, slow-cook it, grill it, fry it, or roast it! A few nights ago I decided to prepare my chicken breasts in the slow-cooker. I’m glad I did because this meal is a winner! It’s so simple to make and tastes delish! The best part of this meal…frozen riced cauliflower. Take it from us, you don’t want to skip this step in the recipe. Adding the riced cauliflower bulks up the chicken, soaks up the yummy seasonings, and creates a creamy texture. I hope y’all enjoy this new recipe!
- 2 Chicken Breasts – Boneless/Skinless
- 1/4 Avacado Oil
- 1 Medium Lemon – Juice & Zest
- 1 tbsp Garlic – Minced
- 1/2 White Onion – Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Red Pepper – Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary – Minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- Package of Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- Plain Greek Yogurt – Scoop to Taste
- Mixed Greens
- Put 1/2 of the Avocado Oil in the slow cooker. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. Cover the top of the chicken in Italian season. Flip chicken every 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked turn the slow cooker to keep warm, add onions, roasted red pepper, black olives, capers, and garlic. [make sure you tuck the veggies around the corners of the chicken, not on top of the chick]
- Cut the lemon in 1/2 – juice & zest into a bowl, add white wine vinegar, salt & pepper. Pour the mix over the chicken. Slice the remaining lemon and place in the slow cooker around the edges of the chicken.
- Cover and cook for around 3.5 hours. Check often, flipping chicken and stirring veggies.
- In the last 30 minutes: shred the chicken and add the frozen riced cauliflower to the slow cooker, sprinkle in rosemary and oregano. Stir occasionally until cooked and mixed in.
- Plate over a bed of mixed greens w/ a small scoop of plain greek yogurt.
“I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”Philippians 1:6