I’m going to be honest, this recipe needs tweaking. I made a tofu crumble mexi bowl last night, and it was not Tyler’s favorite. I’m going to share how I made it and hope you find some inspiration from this dish. The next time I make this…I will just make tofu tacos. Forget the rice, and just get some hard taco shells. Stuff those bad boys up and call it dinner.
- Drain and crumble half a block of super firm tofu into a bowl
- Add dashes of your favorite Mexican hot sauce, taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper to the bowl
- Add 1/2 a tbsp of vegetable oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly distribute the mixed tofu crumbles
- Bake on 375 for around 25-30 minutes
- In a skillet, add the tofu and one cup your favorite jar salsa (low heat)
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Transfer the tofu into a bowl with Mexican rice, and all your favorite burrito bowl toppings
God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his one and only Son into the world so that we might live through him.
1 John 4:9